JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world over the last forty years.
JSI is currently seeking an outstanding Regional HIS Specialist in Indonesia for a portfolio of activities on the Country Health Information System and Data Use (CHISU) global cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). CHISU is a 5-year program designed to enhance host country capacity to produce high-quality health information, to optimally manage this information, and to institutionalize evidence-based decision-making. The program works with USAID- supported host country health managers, health workers, and other stakeholders to strengthen the enabling environment of health information management and strategic planning in order to: improve harmonization of fragmented information systems, reduce duplication of data collection, and improve monitoring and tracking of a country’s own health trends and priorities.
The Regional Health Information System (HIS) Specialist will be responsible for strengthening HIS implementation and digital transformation at the sub-national level, working with provincial and district stakeholders to align activities related to HIS leadership and governance, system deployment and interoperability, as well as data use with national policy and strategy.
This is anticipated to be a full-time position. Recruitment is for position that will be based at the regional level in Kabupaten Malang, Indonesia.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to the Provincial Health Office and selected Districts in the implementation of the digital health transformation strategy at the regional level.
- Provide technical assistance for implementation of the MNH, TB, and health financing use cases for SatuSehat at the subnational level.
- Act as point of contact for all CHISU activities in the allocated province, coordinating all subnational activities to ensure CHISU Indonesia goals, objectives and deliverables are met.
- Work with the Provincial and District leadership and other stakeholders to establish the strategic direction of the Provincial and District level information systems to ensure goals are achieved.
- Define, identify, secure, and coordinate internal and external resources and expertise, as appropriate, to support the Provincial and District levels in achieving the digital health transformation strategy.
- Oversee the development and/or adaptation of standards-based training materials, technical guidelines or other guidance and job aids to assist in the implementation of the digital health transformation strategy.
- Serve as a bridge between the national level and subnational level, collaborating closely with CHISU Indonesia Technical Leads to support implementation of norms and standards such as SatuSehat and Satu Data Satu Dashboard.
- Promote sustainable standards-based implementation of health information systems and use of digital tools at the subnational level.
- Collaborate with other implementing partners in order to leverage resources towards successful digital transformation in the allocated region/province.
- Promote gender equity and ensure the application of gender considerations in program implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following disciplines: computer science, health informatics, software engineering, public health, or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and/or work experience is required.
- Six years of relevant experience with HIS and/or digital health in Indonesia. Applicable system expertise is a plus.
- Project management experience is required. Experience in training, coaching, and mentoring is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely and in an integrated manner with a multidisciplinary team is required.
- The ability to take initiative and work autonomously with limited direct supervision in the management of day-to-day activities is required.
- Native/Fluent Bahasa and practical knowledge of English required.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating new customer needs and documenting the business case and technical requirements highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask is required.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills required.
- Proficient with Online Tools such as Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Drive), Slack, and Microsoft Office.
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
https://careers.jsi.com/JSIInternet/Careers/jobdescription.cfm?id=145684&intern=0 Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 11/20/2022.