Edufarmers Foundation was founded in 2015 and is working on enhancing agricultural productivity for smallholder farmers in Indonesia while developing youths to become future talents in the agriculture industry. Since our establishment, we have helped more than 1,370 youths and 6,295 beneficiaries.
Bertani Untuk Negeri is our flagship program. It was first piloted in September 2020 and has scaled up to 400+ poultry, maize, and horticulture farmers and 200 youths per batch of implementation. In this program, we utilize a demo plot to inspire farmers to adopt best agricultural practices and then mobilize, train, and develop youths as Farmers Development Associates (FDAs) to be an agent of change for smallholder farmers. We encourage the transfer of knowledge and technology through FDAs so that farmers can adopt better farming practices, thus improving their agricultural productivity and income.
While broiler is one of the earliest commodities we worked on, our scope is still limited to farmers
within Java Island. In the coming years, we are planning to expand our commodity reach for broilers beyond Java to include other regions in Indonesia. We are looking for a Field Operations Manager to lead the program’s operations for Bertani Untuk Negeri to help broiler farmers adopt best farming practices and improve their productivity.
Basic Information and Responsibilities
Employment type : 1-year contract, extension based on performance
Work location : South Sulawesi (High possibility for location transfer)
Function : Product – BUN Operations
Seniority level : Senior Officer / Manager
Reporting to : Head of Product
As a Field Operations Manager, you will mainly work on managing the on-the-ground process for
preparing and implementing the Bertani Untuk Negeri program to improve the productivity of broiler farmers. The details of the job will include, but might not be limited to the following:
● Build relationships with the partner organization (mainly PT Ciomas Adisatwa) to map out
potential program locations and farmers.
● Work with the Bertani Untuk Negeri Product Team to prepare on-the-ground needs and
● Build and lead a team of Field Facilitators to implement the program.
● Train Farmers Development Associates (FDAs) to prepare them for the on-the-ground job.
● Manage daily operations of the Bertani Untuk Negeri program, incl. regular performance
monitoring and cadence, financial administration, etc.Requirements and Qualifications
● Minimum 5 years of experience as a Technical Service or Production Supervisor in broiler
● Good understanding of broiler production.
● Track record in leading and managing direct reports.
● Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills to solve problems on the ground.
● Have a can-do mentality to make something happen.
● Ability to work independently and resourcefully with minimal supervision.
● Ability to build relationships and liaise with the partner organization.
● Ability to create timelines and budgets.
● Ability to work full-time on a project site.
● Ability to travel constantly and move to another region as needed by the program.
If you are interested in exploring the role, feel free to reach out to Ignatius Egan Jonatan at
Other similar jobs that might interest you